Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In Which Trai Expresses Exictement

Hey, all! I know my posts have been somewhat sparse lately; it's getting to the last three weeks of my semester and I'm getting very busy with finals and such! However, I hope to have some reviews coming up soon, and an exciting opportunity was offered to me as of this morning.

As I stated in my previous review, I'm reading The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson. I'm hoping to finish that by the end of April. (Just a few days away. Eek!) Either before or after that, I'm going to review the book Quirk obligingly sent me, Stuff Every Woman Should Know. So hopefully those will be up soon.

As for the exciting opportunity: I received an email this morning from Mags of Austenblog, asking me if I wanted to review the upcoming (May 4th) graphic novel of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for Austenblog! It's being released by Titan Books (who I believe publish novelizations and comics for a favorite show of mine, Supernatural). Titan offered a copy to Austenblog and since I seem to be one of the few Janeites who enjoy the monster mashing, Mags asked me if I wanted to review it. I'm excited to make a real contribution to a site I've followed for at least three years, and I'm very glad Mags was kind enough to think of me. So, I'll probably be either cross-posting the review or linking to it once I review it. Since the book is coming out in a week, I suspect it will be fairly soon. Whoohoo!

So, in short, there'll hopefully be a few more reviews up soon, and probably more regular posting once the semester is over. Keep your eyes open, everyone, and have a nice day!

- Trai

No comments:

Post a Comment